Monday, March 25, 2019
Exhibition in Yogyakarta
In March 2019, I headed to Borobudur, Yogyakarta, Indonesia for a group exhibition with 24 artists from 11 countries. 


The exhibition took place in the Padepokan Apel Watoe Gallery owned by renowned artist Pak Deddy Paw. The exhibition was opened by Pak Dr Oei Hong Djien.



The artists involved are as below. 

Deddy PAW, Syis Paindow, Cipto Purnomo, Niluh Sudati, Nurfu Ad dan Umar Chusaeni (Indonesia), Abu Jalal Sarimon, Barry Yeow, Chia Chor Hua, Suhat Sugiyou dan Neha Jain (Singapore), Alef Ahmad, Visithra Manikam (Malaysia), Swati Palekar (India), Kexin Zhang (China), Roy Espinosa, Lloyd Lusica (Philippines), Eddie Lui, Winnie Mak (Hong Kong), Nahla Ali (Egypt), Pervaj Hasan Rigan, Nabila Nabi (Bangladesh), Farrukh Negmatzade (Tajikistan), dan D’gers Gersende Feitouchi (France)




I think we had more than 200 guests who some travelled 4/5 hours to come. 







It was such a different opening from the ones in kl. Coz it was a party filled with music, dancing and merriment. And people didn't stick to their cliques. I'm so grateful to everyone who took time to speak to me, ask about my art or took photos with me. 

And to our wonderful organisers, pak deddy paw and Abu jalal, thank you for such a wonderful experience. To everyone who helped us set up and welcomed us, thank you for such hospitality. Will share more photos of everyone who hosted us, my fellow artists, and all the galleries we were invited to. 

The exhibition runs from 9 March - 9 April 2019. 

For this exhibition I showcased 2 of my pop surrealism/ big eye art called Peace and Freedom. 


Peace: 


Freedom





#surrealism #popsurrealism #popart #bigeye #bigeyeartist 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment