Monday, October 15, 2018
Anak Merdeka Exhibition 2018


My art - Our Malaysia  -  was exhibited at Festival Anak Merdeka which was organised by Art Market Malaysia (AMM) @artmarketmalaysia at Damen mall in Subang Jaya.

The opening ceremony was officiated by the Deputy Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister YB Tuan Muhammad Bakhtiar bin Wan Chik. 


After the ceremony he graciously took his time to talk to the vendors and artists. I managed to explain the concept behind my reimagined human series and he immediately saw the message of Unity in my art. Thank you for your time sir. 



The exhibition and bazaar ran from 29th August to 16th Sept 2018. The exhibition also featured works by Autistic artists. 




Title: Our Malaysia 


Size: 30 x 24 inches

By Visithra Manikam
@vissyarts

This is an art I’ve painted to symbolise Malaysians under my reimagined human series. My reimagined series is an attempt to simply the human figure and break down race and colour barriers by painting them in various shares of colours.

The only thing’s that identify their race would be their clothing but anyone can wear a Saree, Cheongsam or the Kebaya batik, and that is what is beautiful about Malaysia. So I leave the choice of deciding who is who as your choice. They can be anyone you want them to be.

The colours except the green of their skin, are from the Malaysian flag – Merah, putih, kuning, biru warnanya.

#vissyarts #damenmall #subangjaya #malaysianart #artmalaysia 
0 Comments:

Post a Comment