Friday, March 30, 2018
Earth Goddess


Question - is she entwined in vines or chained in the vines of nature? What is your perspective? 

The women in my art are mostly dark skinned and usually with curly hair. There are very few #darkskin art out there for dark skinned South Indian people like me to relate to and so that's why my people and goddesses are all dark skinned. #unfairandlovely 

The flower motifs are done in the #batikstyle. And required thousands of dots since this is a large piece with a 1.22m height. Don't ask me how many dots, but each leaf took about 12 dots so imagine that.
At one point I was cursing myself for deciding to do batik motifs but it really added to the painting. 


I wanted to portray another less painted body shape as well - the #plussizewomen. And that is how she was born. 

This art drew a lot of attention from people while it was exhibitted in Publika. People could relate to her and found her calming. For she is at peace with her self, she is one with herself and nothings going to stop her parade.

So like her, I hope you find the ability to love yourself and be the confident, beautiful women you all are. 


#plussizewomenart 

Size : 1.22m x 0.91m

by Visithra Manikam


#vissyarts #acrylicpainting #acrylicart #painting #painters #indianart #malaysianart #artmalaysia 
#doodles #mandala #kolam #rangoli #indianart #batik #indianwomen #darkskin #unfairandlovely #darkskinwomen 
0 Comments:

Post a Comment