Friday, March 30, 2018
Dancing Malaysia


Dancing Malaysia is a colourful representation of Malaysians under my reimagined human series. Each dancer is featured in their traditional clothes with hand gestures of their dance style. 


The Chinese lady is wearing a Cheongsam with the dragon design, while the Indian lady is in a saree filled with embroidery. 

The Malay lady is wearing a kebaya and batik sarong. 

I’ve painted the Iban costume to represent Sarawak and the Kadazan Dusun costume to represent Sabah. To me Malaysia is symbolised by its people and this is how I see my country. 

Why are they blue and green? 

Well I've already reimagined them, so they don't need to have skin tone colours. 

Size : 27 x 39

by Visithra Manikam


#vissyarts #acrylicpainting #acrylicart #painting #painters #indianart #malaysianart #artmalaysia 
#batik #indianwomen #darkskin #unfairandlovely #darkskinwomen 
0 Comments:

Post a Comment